Sunday, September 20, 2009

Starting over...

So, I was very disappointed to discover that I can no longer access my previous blog. Everyone, myself included, can still see it, but I just can't edit it. Therefore, i started a new one that looks about the same, it's just missing my previous entries... Now, I'm going to post something that i wrote yesterday, hoping to have my blog fixed by then. So, it's a little off with the timing, but it was a long and important entry:

Ciao!!! I haven’t written in a few days because there hasn’t been much to say. I’ve just been doing the school thing. Last night, we went out for a few drinks and ended up meeting up with our foreign language assistant from Holy Cross! His name is Daniele, and he studied at Holy Cross this past year while teaching our practicum language classes. It was cool to be hanging around with an Italian- then other Italians think I’m Italian! We decided to call it an early night, but still had a hard time waking up this morning to go to Prato. But, we made it!

We met Elisa (our advisor) at the train station at 8:50 am and went to Prato, a small city in the Tuscan region. It’s famous for its textiles, so we went to a museum dedicated to that industry specifically. It was actually insanely boring because the tour was conducted completely in Italian and I was so exhausted that I couldn’t get the energy to understand, so for a while, I just stood there. After the textile museum, we went to the Duomo di Prato. It was one of the most magnificent churches that I have seen so far! The frescoes were unbelievable! We were also lucky enough to see the back areas of the church, where other tourists are not allowed to go. We walked through the back walls and climbed some stairs that overlooked the whole church below. We also went up another flight of very narrow and steep stairs to the clock tower. It was a really cool experience.

After seeing the church, we went to the underground area where Cardinals are buried. There were a lot of cool rooms and passageways to explore. After this tour, we were absolutely starving. So, even though we had the option to hang around Prato, we decided to head back to Florence to eat.

We met my cousin, Benedetta (and her friend) for lunch at this awesome pizza place. I wasn’t interested in getting pizza because Maria Pia is planning to make it tonight. So, I ordered what said “focaccia, formaggio e insalata”. I thought it was a simple assortment of foods. Instead, it was a pizza. It was still delicious, of course, but humorous because it was clear evidence that I still have a lot of things to get used to. Oops!

After lunch, we did a little shopping and I bought a fall coat, since I don’t have one. I was hesitant because I hate buying things, but I guess I do need to keep warm. Haha. Anyway, we decided to head back to the house early because Andrea and I both need a nap. We’re looking forward to going out tonight. There’s a new discoteca opening called SPACE that I think we’re going to go to. I’ll update again soon. A presto!

Ok, so that was yesterday's. Today, Andrea, Maggie, Kevin and myself walked to the top of Piazzale Michaelangelo to get a view of the city. It was so high up and everything was beautiful! We grabbed some lunch at the supermercato because no restaurants were open. Then, it started to rain, so we all went our separate ways. I've come down with a bit of a cold since I stayed out too late last night. We went to a discoteca called SPACE. It was a huge place, lots of fun, and really crowded and smelly. I got in around 4am. Ugh.

So, that's it for tonight. From now on, I'll be updating this blog, the other one will RIP.

Buona notte!

No comments:

Post a Comment