Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Frustration

So I'm just going to jump right into this...


I am trying really hard to understand what’s going on in my Italian Literature class and today, I asked for clarification from my tutor, Claudio who told me to ask the professor. I had already been to class by the time I contacted my tutor, so now I have to wait to talk to the professor until Monday. I don’t get why my tutor, who has a job to do, can’t ask the professor himself. After all, they’re friends! I don’t even know the polite and politically correct ways to ask these questions.

In class today, we found out from some other Americans that we may not have to read the ENTIRE collection of Verga’s Le Novelle but instead, just two clusters of short stories. One of the students clarified with our professor and he said that we should be reading, Le Novelle Rusticane and Per Le Vie. When I asked Claudio for confirmation, he said that the professor had told him something else, but that maybe he had changed his mind. Then he said to just ask the professor “when you go to class today.” “You fool!!! I already went to his class today! You’re our tutor and you don’t know when class is?!”… I didn’t really say that though.

I’m just trying to be a good student and read over the weekend. I don’t want to fall behind, but no one can tell me where to start or what to read in this monstrosity of a book! I would go start to finish if this were an English book, but since I’m much slower in reading and understanding in Italian, I can’t afford to read things that I don’t need for the exam. I don’t even think my professor knows what he wants.

Monday and Tuesday were absolutely brutal. I was out of the house from 8:30 am to 10:30 pm and I'm sure my exhaustion is contributing to this frustration. I'm definitely going to bed early tonight, but I still need my answers!

Ciao...

No comments:

Post a Comment