Saturday, January 30, 2010

Thursday night

Hi everyone... here's a post that I wrote on Friday, after my fun birthday celebration on Thursday night. My internet was down for a few days, so I was unable to post it. So, read it as if it were yesterday hehe. Oh, and today is my 21st birthday!!! Yayyyyy!

Ciao!

Last night, we celebrated mine and Maggie’s birthdays by going out to a great dinner at La Casalinga, on the other side of the river. This place is very well known for its awesome prices and great food. We all ate very well and tried basically everyone else’s dinners too. We started by sharing lots of different plates of appetizers. There were liver crostini, bruschetta, mixed cheeses, and beans soaked in olive oil and garlic. It was all amazing. I had spaghetti Bolognese for my main course and it too, was delicious. Between all 8 of us, we finished 4 liters of red wine and 1.5 huge bread baskets. For dessert, I had a delicious vanilla gelato with blueberry sauce on top. We were all so happy with our meal, especially when we got the bill. Considering all that we had ordered, we really didn’t pay very much. Each of us gave 17 euro and that covered it all! Amazing!

After dinner, we walked back across the river and went to CafĂ© Bigallo for some drinks. The creepy man that owns the place was still as creepy as ever, trying to be all cute with the girls. Maggie and I thought that maybe, since it was our birthdays, we would be able to get a free drink. Sadly, that didn’t happen. Oh well. We hung there for a while until it started getting really full with annoying Americans. Then, we went to the Lion’s Fountain for more drinks. On our walk to the bar, Grace decided to go home because she was tired. Kevin and Jeff also left to catch their bus. The Lion’s Fountain was packed because it was karaoke night, so we hung there and had a drink while laughing at the singers.

After Lion’s Fountain, we had planned to go to Space to go dancing, but everyone ended up being so tired that we just decided to go home. Andrea and I were able to catch the bus, so we didn’t have to pay for a taxi. Kevin and Jeff had missed their bus, however, and took a taxi home after returning to the Lion’s Fountain.

This morning, we all made it to class at CLIDA, but were totally dead. Maria (our teacher) thought it was pretty funny, so we did a few grammatical exercises and then played Bananagrams (which I’m obsessed with) and talked for the rest of the class. After class, I picked up a little and got lunch. Then, I took myself shopping for a birthday outfit for tomorrow’s dinner and actually succeeded in finding an awesome skirt. Following my shopping excursion, I went back to CLIDA to pick up a package that my Dad had sent me, and to use the internet because mine isn’t working!!! Ugh. Maria Pia is trying to work it out. Anyway, I’m not going anywhere tonight because I’m exhausted. I have school tomorrow from 9-1 and then we are having the fabulous dinner at Benedetta’s! I can’t wait! I’m sure I’ll have stories on Sunday.

A dopo.

No comments:

Post a Comment