Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Last ICIP session

I can't believe I just had my second "last." (The first was my last language class). Today marks 23 days until I board the plane back to the real world. What a weird feeling.

This morning, I went to my last ICIP session at Sacro Cuore Elementary School. The kids were extra adorable today, and though I was getting a little sick of the whole thing just a few weeks ago, I was sorry to say goodbye to everyone. Unfortunately, I couldn't play Pictionary with the 5th grade students as I had hoped because they were taking a final test. I had brought cookies and everything! So, I stayed and chatted with Eleonora (their teacher) for the first 45 minutes.

In the first grade class, I led the kids in a Bingo game and handed out candy I brought to the winners. They loved it and were just so adorable. I love all their little high voices and goofy faces. They are so hard to get mad at, even when they are being ridiculous. Midway through the Bingo game, I stopped back into the 5th grade class to say goodbye to my students, and they actually seemed sad to see me go, which I was a little surprised about. I didn't realize they liked me as much as they did! Most of the first graders didn't understand that I wouldn't be coming back, but I did see little Eleonora (one of my favorites) get a tear in her eye; so, I think she understood. I'm going to miss them.... Eleonora always hugged me and held my hand, Benedetta had the cutest chubby cheeks, Giulio had red hair and glasses and the sweetest gap-toothed smile. They were all precious.

Maybe I liked this ICIP a little better than I thought I did? Anyway, my second "last" is over, and now I have to move onto more, unfortunately. I'm going to spend the afternoon studying so that I can hopefully relax tonight.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment