Saturday, February 13, 2010

Jason

Ciao a tutti!

I'm not sure if I already mentioned this, but my friend from middle school, Jason is here visiting Florence for the weekend. He arrived yesterday to discover that his Spanish phone (he's studying in Barcelona) doesn't work here, so we've had a really difficult time getting together. I finally found him today around 2 pm. I met him and his friends in the Boboli Gardens and we walked around for a little while and saw some museums within Palazzo Pitti. Then, we broke off from his friends and he was dying for some coffee, so I took him to a little bar I know and we got cappuccinos and a snack. After that, we strolled through the San Lorenzo Marketplace, but didn't find anything good. Around 6, I brought him on the bus to Piazzale Michelangelo to meet up with his friends who had gone up there for the view and dinner.

It's been a long day, but I was really happy to have finally found Jason. It was great to catch up. He's such a nice kid and I'm so glad to hear that he's doing well and having such a great time abroad. I'm hoping to see him again tonight when we go out, but it will be tough with his lack of phone. We'll see.

Tomorrow, me and my friends are getting up very early to be at the train station by 7 am. We are taking a bus to Venice and spending the day there for Carnevale. I am beyond excited. I even made a mask! However, I think I'm going to buy one there as a souvenir, and I also want some Murano glass. We're going to have a great time. I'll definitely have some updates for when I return. It will just be a day trip, but we'll be getting back around midnight. Woohooo!

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment