Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Andrea's birthday dinner and lunch with Aunt Gail

Last night, all of us that were in Florence (Maggie R, Kevin, Andrea, Jeff, Carla and me) went to this Mexican restaurant, Tijuana for Andrea's 21st birthday dinner. We all got Margaritas, since they are nowhere to be found in Italy. We shared nachos, and I had fajitas for dinner. It was all delicious and we had a nice time. Unfortunately, the food didn't sit very well after the fact, and I'm guessing this happened because I wasn't used to eating Mexican food. I hadn't had it since the summer! So, when we went to Cafe Bigallo after, I had a bad stomach ache for the rest of the evening.

Despite the tummy ache, we had a great time at Cafe Bigallo because it was Fat Tuesday (Martedi Grasso), and they had lots of party things to hand out. We got ourselves a few short-haired, neon green wigs and had lots of fun with that. Andrea and I went home early so that we wouldn't have to pay for a cab. I probably should have stayed out longer though, because it sounds like everyone had a lot of fun after we had left.

Today after CLIDA, I met Aunt Gail for lunch as she had arrived from the States yesterday. We went to this great restaurant on the other side of the Arno, near Santo Spirito. I had the cauliflower risotto and it was delicious! It was nice to see a friendly, but new American face. As I've let on, I'm getting a little stir crazy with seeing the same people and doing the same thing every day. No offense to my friends because they are great, but fresh faces are always welcomed. I think Aunt Gail and I will get together again when Uncle Ellis arrives next week.

Anyway, I'm off to write my cover letters and apply to some more internships now.

A dopo!

No comments:

Post a Comment