Sunday, December 6, 2009

Space and Arezzo

Last night, Benedetta and her friend Eleonora came out with us. WE HAD A BLAST. Of course, they wanted to practice their English on us and we wanted to practice our Italian on them, but it worked out fine. We took them dancing at Space, the really American discoteca that we go to. They had an awesome time. Eleonora actually just contacted Kevin asking to please let them know every time we go dancing! I'm so excited! Italians to hang out with! Woo!

Today, Maggie Rossi, Kevin and myself took the train to Arezzo for a little day trip to get out of the city. It was such an adorable town. All of the streets were narrow, sloped, and cobblestoned. We also went on a great day because every first Sunday of every month, the town sets up an antique marketplace that stretches all over the place! They had some really random and unique stuff. The only thing I bought though, was a postcard, and that wasn't even from the marketplace! I just enjoyed the browsing.

We had a nice lunch at a restaurant that we stumbled upon... The food was delicious but the service was terrible. All we ordered were beans for an appetizer to share (which never came) and noodles, and it took us two hours to get our food, eat it, and then get the check. Whatever. The best part about Arezzo though, is that La Vita e' Bella (Life is Beautiful) was filmed there! So, we went to all the piazzas from the different scenes and took some pictures. As soon as I get back home to the States, I'm going to watch that movie again. I love it. It was really cool to picture the scenes happening.

Anyway, I'm going to lay down and watch a movie because I'm really tired of doing homework. I'll update more on Tuesday night. We'll be going to pranzo with the Materassi's in Chianti, so I know I'll have a lot to say.

Buona notte!

No comments:

Post a Comment