Sunday, November 29, 2009

Pranzo with the Aiello's

Last night I ended up not going out, which was probably a good thing considering the fact that I had to get up really early this morning to go to pranzo. I took the bus around 11 and Antonio (Benedetta's dad) picked me up at the bus stop in their area 1 hour later. We had planned this pranzo last Sunday at the Thanksgiving party.

Their house is very nice and has plenty of room. It's located outside Florence in a little town called Pontassieve which is very green and scenic. They (Anarita, Antonio, and Benedetta) of course made me an enormous lunch. I have such a headache from eating and drinking so much! We started with mini pizzas, liver crostinis, sausage crostinis, and bread stuffed with zucchini and cheese. Then, we had a typical Tuscan soup with broth and some type of noodle-y starch. Then, we had very thin meat (I think it was veal) covered in cheese and porcini mushrooms, and creamy spinach. For dessert, we had tiramisu and tea. Amazing!!!!! There was also this great sweet wine. I loved it so much that they gave me a bottle.

After lunch, Benedetta and I hung around in her room and shopped for her on Abercrombie.com. She's obsessed, so I told her that when I go back to the states I'll pick up what she wants. The prices at the Abercrombie in Milan are apparently obscene, so it's better to do it this way.

Around 4, we went to the designer outlets for a little Christmas shopping. I couldn't believe all the stuff they had! All of the famous Italian designers at discount prices!? Of course, everything was still really expensive, but it was a lot of fun to look. Anarita told me that my Grandmother used to go there all the time. I'm not surprised. Grandma was always in style.

Afterwards, Anarita and I dropped Benedetta off back at home because she had to study. Then, we went to Alberto (the crazy old guy at Thanksgiving) and Maria's house to pick up Maria. Maria and Alberto are Anarita's parents, for the record. As soon as I got in the house, Alberto dragged me through the place to show me the room where my Grandma used to sleep. He had told me at the party that I had to come see it. He was so excited that he was practically yelling and couldn't hear a word I was saying. Then, he hit me on the cheek. Love tap, but a strong one haha.

Afterwards, Anarita asked if I could come back on Thursday for dinner and for an English lesson. I guess she and Antonio want to learn English and are willing to pay me to teach them. I don't know where to begin! I guess I'll look in my first Italian book and do it the same way, but in English. Anyway, I have a splitting headache and I'm not hungry. But, I know Maria Pia is going to make me eat again. Ugh. Italy is trying to give me a heart attack with all its oil and butter.

More next time. Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment